Friday, August 12, 2011

Kane Dominic

Welcome to the world:
KANE DOMINIC EVERSON
We are so blessed with the arrival of our new baby boy. Kane is born on Friday August 12th 2011, at 2.38pm. He weighs 7 pounds 13 ounces (3500 grams) and is 20 inches (51cm) tall.

I was already pretty uncomfortable in the last few weeks of this pregnancy. Compared to the first pregnancy, it was a lot different and harder on my body: with a busy toddler running around and a baby who had lowered down already quite a bit, discomfort had set in early. With one visit to the hospital at 37 weeks because of chest pain and contractions (luckily nothing was wrong and I was able to go home after 2 hours at the monitor), oma being with us since the end of July to help out and with only 4 days until due date, we thought it was time to get this little fellow into the world.
With daddy's busy work schedule, we practically scheduled the delivery on a Friday and our little boy was okay with that as he didn't decide to come earlier.
As with Quinn, the delivery went pretty smooth and also quick (lucky me). We were at the hospital at 7am, started the pitocin at 8am and Kane was born at 2.38pm after only 4 pushes. Quinn had paved the way pretty good for him.
We knew we were having a boy, but that didn't take away any of the excitement once he came out and we finally saw him. One pound heavier at birth and a little longer, but a photocopy of his sister.

Quinn came to visit later that day with oma and opa. She was very excited to meet her little brother who she calls 'baby'.
A kiss for mama and a kiss for daddy.

It must have been strange for her not having me around at the house for the first time, but she did great with oma and opa. Leaving the hospital without me was hard on her (and even more on me), but it was only for two nights.
Kane was doing great. He was down to 7 pounds 5 ounces on Sunday, but that was still within his limits. So around 10am we left the hospital and went home. It was my Birthday that day as well. Being at home with my two wonderful kids, my loving husband and my dearest parents was the best birthday present I could have asked for!

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Nicole en Ryan.....

    wat een mooi lief manneke hebben jullie .......
    en Quinn al een flinke dame........
    het zijn prachtige foto's.....

    groetjes Riet

    ReplyDelete