Sunday, August 14, 2011

@ the hospital

Two days at the hospital. It was good to be able to focus 100% on our little boy for this short amount of time because I knew that big sister would be all over me once we were home. But at the same time, I missed my girl a lot. It was the first time to be away from her at night. Luckily she was in the great hands of my parents, in her own house, own bed. She did great. And we had the computer at the hospital as well, so we could skype with them now and then.....

It seems so unreal. This little man was still inside of me less than an hour ago and now here he is,  looking at his mommy. What a wonderful feeling.
Proud daddy and Kane getting to know each other.
Quinn did really good at the hospital. She loved to sit on the bed with me cuddling with her little brother. It feels like yesterday that she was lying in my arms as our newborn baby and now she is the big sister already.
Opa and oma Oostvogels admiring their second grandson.
And grandpa and grandma Everson are evenly proud of course....
Me cuddling with my little boy.
Our friends Jason and Karri Luebke and their oldest daughter Addison came to visit us.
Addison loved holding the baby. She is a pro at it: has had lots of practise at home with her baby brother Jameson who was born just 5 months ago.
Daddy holding Quinn's new baby.
Our new family of FOUR!
Quinn and Teddy happy to be back with mommy. Quinn missed holding on to my hair probably the most of all.......
Also the Friedman family came to visit. Pam is a great photographer and will be shooting Kane's first professional pictures for his birth announcement.
And Gwen and Tim Goffard came to meet Kane.....
Time to go home so time to get dressed in some real clothes.
But first daddy had to make sure opa's heart is in good condition....
Quinn and Teddy in the hospital baby bed.
One last check to make sure our numbers match so we're not taking the wrong baby home. I couldn't imagine....
All buckled in and ready to go on his first car ride. He looks so tiny again in the carseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment