Friday, August 27, 2010

Another weekend @ Paya Lake

Together with my parents and Ryan's parents, we spent the last weekend of August (and of Summer) 2010 at the cottage in Lakewood. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend. The weather was absolutely wonderful. Warm, but not too humid, with a nice breeze which kept the mosquitoes away (during the day at least). Quinn had a great time as well, she was so busy looking around and absorbing everything that was new to her. And even though her naps were not that long out there, she was an absolute sweetheart throughout the entire weekend. Both nights she slept all the way through :-).
We spent most of the time outside, at the dock, in the water. It was just great. So relaxing.
Quinn with oma at the dock.

We went waterskiing and my dad wanted to give it a try as well! I was so proud he even wanted to try it. He is in great shape (runs 10K's and half marathons on regular basis), but this is a whole different ballgame. He had never done it before, and to try it for the first time at age 63 is pretty impressive I think. The pictures below show how he did. He was in the water trying to get is balance and his ski's straight for a good 30 minutes before he called it quits.
Well, even though he didn't make it up, I still think he did a great job just trying.



I had to go skiing as well, otherwise I was afraid my husband wouldn't take me back home with him anymore. He put my ski's and lifejacket out the minute we got there......there was no way I could get around it.

I waterskied a few times before, but not a whole lot. And that shows....haha. I also realized that I'm not that much of a daredevil anymore. Once on the outside, I was too nervous to cut back to the other side. Gee, it must be the age. Next year, more practising, because I do want to get it again!

Nice shot camera man!

The master himself is up.....Time to try out his new ski.
Well, he does know how to do it!

It looks like he's skiing on the rainbow.

Quinn has to wait a few years before she can go skiing. This year, just trying out the water was exciting enough for her. We borrowed this little floaty thing from the neighbors. It was a little bit too big for her, because she sank all the way down to her neck when her feet weren't touching the ground. She wasn't too excited about it yet. The water felt pretty cold on her belly as well I think.
"Mommy get me out of here please!!"

She enjoyed it better just sitting in the water.


Once she got used to the temperature, it was okay to go a little deeper.

Quinn with opa and grandpa.

Ryan's aunt Lorraine and uncle Chester stopped by for a visit. This was the first time they met little Quinn.

My mom and dad going for a ride on the electric boat. It takes about an hour to go around the lake with it.

The men of the good life....Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment