Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Madness

March Madness......I've heard that a lot lately around here. But honestly, for me there isn't too much that March has to offer to go crazy about. It's just a month that you want to be done with as soon as possible. I'm done with Winter (for a while already), Spring is getting close......but it's just not there yet. Some days you get that teaser, where it's sunny outside and even comfortable enough to go for a walk. But the next day.....winter storm Ethan hits (March 9) with lots of fresh new snow again. And of course on that day we HAD to drive to Milwaukee to get things squared away for my green card. Luckily my husband is an experienced winter driver, got us there safely and on time. We even got to enjoy a nice lunch at the Cheesecake Factory on the way back :-).

Anyway, we are still playing inside of the house most of the time. The sunroom with pool table and other "toys" of daddy is a big hit for our little explorer. She knows where the balls go and where they come back out again. And she is just tall enough to put them back on the pool table again.    
Yeah!!! Go Daddy!
The Golden Tee is also very interesting.
Note on the side: Ryan is in shorts and T-shirt, but don't be fooled. It is not that warm yet. He always wears that when he's home, winter or summer, doesn't matter. Weird? Yeah, a little.....

Luckily Quinn still likes her own toys as well. She almost crawls into her toy boxes, just to get that one thing she got her eyes on. 
Mornings at the Everson house. We get up normally around 7am. We cuddle for a few minutes in bed and then we go downstairs to have breakfast. I just quit giving her a bottle of milk for breakfast, now she is drinking her milk out of her sippy cup (which she already did for lunch) while she eats her oatmeal. After breakfast, we (I) clean up and we play for a while before it's time for a bath and first nap (around 9am).  
I can normally tell when it's time to hit the bathtub and go to bed......

Her big and soft friend "Olli" the elephant.

I'm still amazed by how well she is walking. Ever since I got her new shoes (a size bigger and 'early-walking' kinds) she is just on the go. It's so fun to see her walk around the corner like she has been doing it for years already. Where did my baby go? Sometimes she even wants to run, but her mind goes faster yet than her legs....
Not to forget, there is baby #2 as well of course. He/she is doing very well and making my belly look like I've been drinking too much beer. Or eating too much chocolate, which I've been craving a lot lately.
 We're 18,5 weeks pregnant now, so almost half way. This pregnancy seems to go a lot faster than the first one. And I have been feeling the little one move for a few weeks already also. What a great feeling that is. It is one of the most wonderful things about being pregnant.
Our ultrasound is scheduled for April 5th. I can't wait to see who is kicking me :-) 

2 comments:

  1. ziet er weer prachtig uit Nicole.......
    mooie foto's heb je erop staan......

    liefs ma en pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Nicole...I loved this update! I feel like I've been so out of touch with you lately! I am looking forward to getting through the next couple of weeks and hopefully getting together with you and Quinn!!!!

    ReplyDelete