Saturday, October 2, 2010

Aunt Lia and uncle Kees are here to visit

My aunt and uncle came to visit us for a week! It was their first time to meet little Quinn. I am very close to my aunt (my mom's sister). When I was young I stayed with them many times, babysat their kids, went on trips with them, etc. So I was very excited for them to come here and meet Quinn. We had a wonderful week with beautiful weather. We made lots of fun memories.

Quinn has a little bit of stranger anxiety, but she warmed up to my aunt and uncle pretty quick. She even let my aunt put her down for her nap without a problem.

Opa and oma checking in via skype. My mom and my aunt look a lot alike. Maybe Quinn thought oma was back to visit again....

Aunt Lia feeding Quinn her fruit....Yammie. She's a great eater.

....and getting her dressed. My aunt is a nurse in a revalidation hospital, so normally she deals with elderly people, whose butts are a little bigger than Quinn's.

The wonderful weather allowed us to spend lots of time outside and enjoy the fall colours in the woods.

Quinn prefers the hard road over the bumpy sand path in the woods, but well.....she was pretty relaxed anyway. She just LOVES that thumb. Preferably in combination with a good grasp of my hair.

We all went to music class on Thursday. Together with the Little Gym, one of Quinn's favorite activities of the week. She did very well in class again, even though she had a cold coming up.

Music brings a great big smile on Quinn's face. She rocks her body and babbles along.
Dancing with mommy and aunt Lia is so much fun!

Yeah, the instruments are out! She is more chewing on them than actually making music, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time.

We went on a road trip to Lakewood to show my aunt and uncle the cottage on Paya Lake. Again, it was a nice day outside. The lake was like glass and the colours were beautiful.

We didn't have the key to go inside and my in-laws weren't there either, but they did get a good idea about how it is up there anyway.

Around the fire pit. We've spent many evenings around it during the summer.


Another trip we took was to Sturgeon Bay where we walked along the waterside.



Quinn enjoying the view from her stroller.

One of my favorite pictures of me with my little sweetheart.


Thanks aunt Lia and uncle Kees for a wonderful week. We will see you soon in Holland!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole....
    wat heb je je blog weer prachtig bijgegewerkt...
    wat een mooie foto's zijn er gemaakt en nog leuker is dat jullie het zo gezellig hebben gehad.......
    Ma

    ReplyDelete