Thursday, September 23, 2010

Music Together

On September 23rd Quinn and I went to our first 'Music Together' class. My friend Marisa informed me about this fun parent-child class. She started going with her daughter when she was about Quinn's age and she absolutely loved it. Now she is taking her son Larz there, who is only 5 weeks older than Quinn. Quinn always starts smiling when you sing to her, so I was sure she would like this class. And she did :-). It was so much fun to see all those kids together, each re-acting to the music in their own special way. And it is also nice for me to get to know other parents and to see my friend Marisa on regular basis!

The little observer Quinn is, you can tell on the following picture that she is just zoned in on Ms Wendy. If you could zoom in far enough (which I don't think you can on here), you could see her great big smile on her face.....

She is not too sure yet what to do with all the instruments, so mostly she just sticks everything in her mouth. But I'm sure she will learn quickly watching all the older kids shaking, bouncing and dancing around...
Because of the start of Music Together, Quinn got a present from Marisa and Larz: a music set with drums, shakers and bells. She absolutely loves it. Now we can make music together at home as well :-). Thank you Marisa and Larz!



1 comment: